I love to put some kind of traditions in my daily life. For example like last semester with one of my best friends we always had sushi for lunch at Thursdays, with other one coffee - tea time before lectures or I made pancakes on Sundays then I was at home for my brother. It helps to keep friends or family member together and find some time for talks in such a big routine we made for ourselves with all that rush and million stuff to do. So it is one of the things that is really important to manage. Now I am in a part of life where I travel a lot and change a lot of places to live in and when u live life like this you need to make some traditions in your new routine that u can feel like at home sometimes even if u do not have your friends and family close to you. So one of the most important thing I always do when I am in new place where I stay not just for holidays is new traditions. And while I am here in Spain now for my ERASMUS I decided to make some traditions too which involves my new friends from all over the world. Its been one month while I am here so it is about the time to do that. I decided that once in a week I will do dinner for friend or company of friends or just will let myself to be invited to a dinner and to dinners preparation process to see theirs kitchen and how they cook (it is a note to my dear ERASMUS friends - to invite me sometimes - i know it is a bit tricky with my eating habits but u need use imagination). When u see person in more casual atmosphere u can get to know him better.
|Dinner time with friend from Italy at my new home in Alicante|
So this time it was some healthy dinner for girl from Italy who I found myself to be really good friends now. Good to have her here. I fell lucky. I really enjoy time to be with her so she was the lucky number one for my dinner. I am joking for sure about lucky part for her. She needs to say how it was. Hope I did not fail on this.For me it was delicious.
Recipe: Tortillas rolls with chicken
- 300g, minced chicken breasts;
- 2 tomatoes;
- Onion (sliced);
- 2-3 peaces of garlic;
- 1/2 cup of corn;
- Olive oil;
- 100 g. soft curd cream;
- 4 tortillas integral;
- 150 g. grated mozzarella cheese;
- Butter for cooking pot;
- Salt and pepper;
- A splash of soya sauce;
- All spice that u like ( I used ground sweet peppers, rosemary and other herbs);
- Fry onion in oil, add garlic and after u feel the smell of garlic add chicken and cook until it browned.
- Season it with peppers, salt and herbs with a little splash of soya sauce.
- Reduce heat and add corn and chopped tomatoes. Put the lid on the pan and let to stay a while with small heating.
- Put some soft curd cheese on peaces of tortilla, put lettuce leaves on them and fill it with meat filling you prepared before. Tightly coiled roll and cut it into chinks.
- Take your buttered dish for baking and put peaces of tortilla rolls. After all sprinkle it with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200C degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Quick notes: You can make it not just for dinner. It is really good for lunch too.
Variations: Wide for interpretations. U can add all you like from veggies and souces.
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 10-15 min.
Diet tags: Full of protein and good carbs.
Number of servings: 2-3
My rating 5 stars:
Friend(-s) rating 5 stars:
Hope u will try it with your friends and write me below about traditions u have on your daily life.
That is for this time.